Polyurethane Spray Foam Benefits
The benefits of using polyurethane spray foam to insulate your building offers endless benefits. Not only will you say money but you will control the temperature of your building with ease
and eliminate drafts. For the following benefits to apply, initial R-Value of 6.5-7 per inch of material must be applied. Note that 3 inch of spray foam yields and R-Value of 19.5-21, whereas it
takes over 6 inches of conventional fiberglass to give you R-19 which is building standard Maine today for exterior walls.
- Reduces the amount of fossil fuels needed for heating and cooling.
- Lowers your energy bills.
- Offers additional strength and energy efficiency to structures.
- Blocks uncontrolled air leakage acting as an air sealant.
- Complete edge to edge seal.
- Gets in hard-to-reach places.
- Expands to fill cracks, cavities and crevices.
- Helps maintain consistent indoor temperatures.
- It helps to reduce sound.
- Uncontrolled air leakage is responsible for 40% of energy loss and moisture accumulation leading to mold.